Pressure Cooker Taco Soup
in 2 Simple Steps!
I love tacos almost as much as I love soup. Well, not really, But it sounded good, right? I do actually like tacos quite a bit though. Now, I don’t normally think of tacos when I think of soup. The closest thing that comes to mind is chicken tortilla soup. Well, this is not that. And this pressure cooker taco soup actually tastes like you’re eating a taco – except it’s soup.
Say Hello Again to Our Good Friend – Mr. IP
And as Always…
Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 yellow onion - medium, diced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. dry pinto beans - soaked for 24 hours (at least 8)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel - original
- ½ cup black olives - sliced
- ½ cup green olives - sliced
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried chives
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- Using sauté setting on Instant Pot - add ground beef and onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until beef is thoroughly browned - mixing frequently. Pour into colander to drain and return to pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to Instant Pot and mix well. Switch to manual setting for 12 minutes and close lid.
- Once cook time is complete - quick-release pressure, serve & enjoy!