Pressure Cooker Sausage Kale Potato Soup
The Mistake Everybody Makes…
I love sausage in soups. But here’s the problem. Almost every soup recipe I come across will use the sausage to add flavor to the soup. That’s a great intention, but (in my opinion) it’s actually a total fail. If you boil it for any extended period of time, all the flavor will go into the broth. And then you’re left with flavorless sausage. This pressure cooker sausage kale potato soup delivers!
And as Always… Please Pin & Share the Love!
- 4 sausage links Aidells Chicken & Apple - ½-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. petite Yukon gold potatoes - ½-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 2 carrots - sliced
- 1 stalk celery - diced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken bone broth - organic, free-range
- 4 tomatoes - diced
- 1 small bunch kale - de-ribbed, roughly torn
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Using sauté setting on Instant Pot - Once hot, add oil and cook sausage until crispy. About 3 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, and vinegar cook for 3 minutes, making sure to scrape up bits from bottom.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except sausage) to pot and mix well.
- Switch Instant Pot to manual setting for 5 minutes.
- Once time is complete - quick-release pressure then remove lid.
- Remove bay leaf. Add sausage slices to pot and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!