Pressure Cooker Lemon Risotto with Summer Squash
Summer is almost here! So we’re developing our menu for the season. And this pressure cooker lemon risotto with summer squash was an absolute must for the warmer months! It’s bright and creamy, with a simple-to-execute method. We hope you enjoy it as mush as we did making it!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion – diced
- 1 lb. summer squash – diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic – minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- zest of 1 lemon – finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon – about 2 tablespoons
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley – finely chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese – freshly grated
- Using sauté setting - add oil, then add the onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Add squash and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, until evaporated. Pour in the stock and mix well, close the lid and vent, switch setting to manual for 4 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure, then open lid. Turn off power to avoid overcooking. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley - mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parmesan and mix well.
- Ladle into bowl and top with crème fraîche.